Busy is not an excuse! - Andrew Starkings

Monday, November 27, 2006

Time to Read...

Well, recovery is slow but it does give me time to read. Chris C offered me one of his books to read but thinking it would be something to do with State, Economy and Nation in nineteenth-century Europe.......I said, I don't think so! However he lent me this book...
'Miracle in the Andes' by Nando Parado

Nando was one of the survivors of a plane that crashed in the Andes in 1972 carrying his friends and family. For 72 days they survived in this hostile environment. This story was covered by the book and film 'Alive', but this is Nando's account of his trek to find help and gives insight into the thoughts that go through your mind in a situation like this. A book you can't put down. A fantastic true story of courage.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you liked the book and like me couldn't put it down. I guess I better find some more books for you that I've enjoyed over the years. Anything to stop you reading Robbie Fowler's autobiography.

I enjoyed reading down your blog to see the pictures of your injury. I can't believe you managed to get a picture of the actual tackle that did the damage. I also loved the picture of Andrew Yuill in the Meadow Way lineup. What a fine specimen of a man.

9:44 PM

 
Blogger Pablo said...

Thanks Chris, yes I am now reading Robbie's book!

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home